This course teaches intermediate-level skills required to design and create professional 3-Dimensional, animated graphic sequences. The course covers 3D computer animation theory and attributes, including: curves, surfaces, nurbs, polygons, textures, modeling, lighting and rendering. Working individually and collaboratively, students use industry-standard software applications to create commercial-quality 3D animated sequences.
This course follows a lecture/lab format. The lecturer; an accomplished expert in the discipline, describes and demonstrates new skills, and then during the lab portion of the course, coaches until students successfully demonstrate the new skills without assistance.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
After completing “Intermediate 3D Animation”, students will be able to:
- Define and apply profesional design elements and principles to create commercial-quality, 3-Dimensional animated sequences.
- Use professional, industry-standard editing software to design and create professional 3D animated sequences.
- Evaluate and gauge the effectiveness of 3D animated sequences using industry-standard measurement processes.
- Create a web-based, user-friendly, visually-appealing, commercial-quality Digital Portfolio that displays 3D animated sequences.
- Consistently demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.