This course teaches entry-level skills required to design and create basic graphics and illustrations for print and digital distribution. Working individually and collaboratively, students use professional development tools and applications to design and create effective graphics and illustrations. Students also create web-based Digital Portfolios to display their projects.
This course follows a lecture/lab format. The lecturer; an accomplished expert in the discipline, describes and demonstrates new skills, and then during the lab portion of the course, coaches until students successfully demonstrate the new skills without assistance.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
After completing “Introduction to Graphic Design”, students will be able to:
- Define and apply design elements and principles to create basic graphics and illustrations for print and digital distribution.
- Use industry-standard tools and applications to design and create basic graphics and illustrations.
- Develop measurable objectives and gauge the effectiveness of completed projects.
- Create a web-based, user-friendly, visually-appealing Digital Portfolio that displays projects.
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.