This course teaches basic skills to create eye-appealing photographs for print and digital distribution. Working individually and collaboratively, students learn how to operate cameras, lights and software applications to create and edit visually-appealing photographs. Students also create web-based Digital Portfolios to display photographs.
This course follows a lecture/lab format. The lecturer; an accomplished expert in the discipline, describes and demonstrates new skills, and then during the lab portion of the course, coaches until students successfully demonstrate the new skills without assistance.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
After completing “Introduction to Digital Photography”, students will be able to:
- Define and apply design elements and principles to create visually-appealing still photographs for print and digital distribution.
- Use photographic equipment and software applications to create still photographs.
- Develop measurable objectives and gauge the effectiveness of photographs.
- Create a web-based, user-friendly, visually-appealing Digital Portfolio that displays photographs.
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.